Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools in Iowa
Browse our directory of cosmetology continuing education schools in Iowa, or skip ahead to learn about the state's cosmetology licensing requirements and job outlook.
Browse All Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools in Iowa
For School Owners
Don't see your school listed? Want to discuss becoming a featured school in the directory? Contact us to learn more.
Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools Near Me
Check out the Continuing Education schools these cities in Iowa have to offer.
Cosmetologist Continuing Education in Iowa
- 2,100 education hours are required to become licensed.
- You must renew your license every 2 years.
- 8 continuing education hours are required to renew your license.
- The average salary for cosmetologists in Iowa is $25,990 ($12.49/hour). This is lower than the national average of $26,090 ($12.54/hour).
- There is a predicted 12% job increase between 2016-2026 for cosmetologists. This is higher than the expected national growth of 9%.
License renewal period
Continuing education required
Iowa requires 8 hours of cosmetology continuing education each period to renew. Barbers only have to complete 4 hours of continuing education during each renewal period.
Contact the Iowa State Board of Cosmetology
Iowa Department of Public Health
- 321 E. 12th Street, Des Moines, IA 50319
- Website: Iowa Department of Public Health
- Email: PLPublic@idph.iowa.gov
- Call: 515-281-7689
- Fax: 515-281-3121